Monday, January 18, 2010

Per the Planner

One of my favorite things about a new year is getting a new planner. When I was still in school I would actually get a new one both in August and December. I don’t have that excuse currently, but I do start hunting down my planner for the new year in October. Before I start Christmas shopping even.

This year, I’m using the MyAgenda by MomAgenda. I lurv it. I did not lurv the shipping price or 8 days from shipping date wait for it appear at my door. But the amount I lurv it overcomes all that. True lurv conquers all.

The MyAgenda is set up with the week spread over two pages and 5 rows. It also has monthly views, includes a “My Essentials” for key addresses, phone numbers, important dates etc, and is set up for you to start writing in events for next year. But, for now I’m focusing on the weekly view and my 5 blocks…

The top row is labeled my week and has space for appointments, the other 4 blocks are blank to be broken up as desired. One of the reasons I love it is because of this – I can change the planner as life changes. For now, my 4 blanks are work, the side business, to do (for personal and home life) and exercise.

But you know what, y’all? Do you know what my exercise block says for today? It says “C25k, Week 5, Day 1”. Guys, I haven’t run since December 14th. That’s just over a solid month of not running. And I’m down right scared. I’m so scared, that I’ve been putting off my triumphant return to the treadmill off for a solid week now. You know, because if I just ignore it, it’ll go away or get better, right?

But, my agenda, my pretty Caribbean Sea blue agenda, with my name in silver embossed on the cover, says that this is what I have to do…who am I to disobey? She’s a harsh taskmaster, y’all, harsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment