Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Start

Welcome to my New Year’s Resolution. Actually, it’s not the creation of the blog that was the resolution, but actually maintaining it. I’ve actually tried this once or twice before and just fizzled out. But since it’s January and I’m Resolved, surely that won’t happen again. Ahem.

I suppose here is where I would talk about myself for a bit. I was born and raised just outside of DC. I think District natives tend to claim to be a part of multiple regions of the US – it truly is a blend there. But I was raised very much Southern. Which means I can scare up a mean bunch of greens as well as navigate the metro.

I married my own prince charming in early 2008 and am now a proud USAF wife. Just after we were married, my husband was transferred (PCS’ed for you other military people out there) from DC to Wyoming. To say it was complete culture shock for me would be an understatement. It has been quite the adventure though and an experience I never thought I’d have. Maybe someday I’ll have nice things to say about it.

I work from home in the same job I had in DC. I’m very, very, very lucky that way. I work in the medical/public health sector. And that’s all I’ll ever say about that because I’d like to continue being very, very, very lucky!

Let’s see, I also have a stepdaughter. She’s a teenager but she’s still pretty awesome.

Our other daughter is a cat named Scarlett. She is a true Southern Belle. She also is an excellent office companion, but she won’t file.

I could go on, but I think this is a fine start.

No comments:

Post a Comment