Wednesday, January 19, 2011

End of Year Wrap Up (Finally)

I had every intention of doing a post holiday update and an end of year update. But you know how things go when you have plans and good intentions.


We really did have an excellent holiday. And the Tuesday after, as ordered, Kevin and the kiddo returned to the wild, wild west. Then Friday morning, Kevin got the call we’ve been expecting for the past 3 years. His nana had passed away. She has been in a nursing home since a bad stroke 3 years before and by all accounts went peacefully with her children at her side.

Saturday, Kevin and the kid returned to me and the next day (on the kiddo’s birthday nonetheless) we drove north. It was a hard few days, but nana had a beautiful memorial and Kevin gave a touching eulogy.

That Friday we all flew back west (and I finally got to see my kitties after over a month away). By Sunday I was sick with the worst stomach flu I’ve had in quite some time. Thankfully, Kevin and the kid avoided it.

Selfishly, I’d really like to call a do-over to the new year (because I have that type of power), but really I’m just grateful to be back to normal and I’m looking forward to a better February. And some Spring would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment