Monday, December 20, 2010

A Little Christmas, Right This Very Minute

I've been grouchy.  And despite having been surrounded by Christmas lights and music for weeks now, I wasn't feeling the spirit.  In fact, I've been feeling put-upon and overtaxed.  Even visiting the Pageant of Peace at the Ellipse didn't help.  Neither did Christmas baking and fudge-making.

But then, in my normal blog wanderings I came across this post at the Bloggess. I just asked to be added to the list of donors, and although I haven't been matched yet, I already feel Christmas-y. 

This is what I've been missing.  Giving to someone who could use the help.  We're blessed enough to be able to afford Christmas gifts and a Christmas supper and heat and our home.  Now we're lucky enough to be able to give a bit of that to someone else. 

It's making my day. In fact, being given this opportunity to help may be the best gift I get this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment