Friday, July 30, 2010

Theatre Geek

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."{Walter Elias Disney}



For the past two weeks I’ve been home, doing something I love – assistant stage managing a community theatre production of RENT. Every theatre geek has “their” show and RENT is mine – I came across it at just the right time in my life when I thought the life described on stage would be my future. A good rendition of “La Vie Boheme” still makes me want to quit my day job, move to NYC, and become an artiste. So when I found out this show was coming to one of my favorite theatre groups, I couldn’t not do it, and I’ve been so thankful to be there.

But.

Oh but, the exhaustion that comes with Tech week. The long nights, the focus on details, the desire to beat actors…oh I am so ready for this to be over that I’m actually counting down hours. I’ve promised myself that I can sleep until I’m done tomorrow and then spend the rest of the day in the pool. After that, I might be human again and heck, the cast might even start to like me again…that would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment